Re: "open image with" function

Hi Rodrigo,

The "Open with" submenu should be present in "File" menubar menu and
thumbnails context menu. Therefore "Open with" should support passing
more than one image to the external program. i.e if you select more
than one thumbnail and request to open all of them with Gimp at once.

p eace

--lucasr

2006/11/27, Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>:
On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 12:43 -0300, Rodrigo Aguilar M. wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> Now I'm working with the correct eog-ng branch :).
>
> So, browsing the todo list[1], I think that "open image with" function
> is something that i can do (with your friendly help :-). Reading the bug
> report[2], i think the "Open with" submenu is the right way to implement
> this.
>
> I find the "action_entries_window" array in eog-window.c file. I try
> adding this line
>
>       { "FileOpenWith", GTK_STOCK_OPEN, N_("Open _with"), NULL,
>         N_("Open with other application"),
>         G_CALLBACK (eog_window_cmd_file_open) },

That only adds the action to the available actions in EOG. Now you need
to bind that action to a menu item, that you should add in the XML file
where all the menuitems and toolbars are defined (eog/data/eog-ui.xml).

Take a look to the GtkUIManager documentation to understand this better.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkUIManager.html

Cheers,

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>