Re: Note about upcoming conferences

Hi meg,
nice to hear from you and thanks for your kind words.

Is it possible for you to make a wiki with this information? That way
those of us who are less involved in your team can add conferences we are
attending, volunteer to submit talks, etc. If you could also list how
someone should contact your team to co-ordinate things that would be great
(e.g. how do I apply for funding for GNOME marketing materials, is there
travel funding available if I want to give a talk, etc).
You can mail the travel committee and ask for sponsorship, but as you
may be awre of the foundation right now have very tight with resources
[]

It just occurred to me that this is kind of a vague request since there are
already a lot of pages which contain this type of info on the wiki.
+1

I guess
what I meant is: is it possible for you to (1) make a page with potential
events which your team is interested in having people attend, in case
someone is already going to be there and can easily help out;
I think this is the page [1] you are looking for.

We tend to create a wiki page about a specific event once we know that
someone will attend/speak, like this one [2].

and (2) is it
possible for your team to provide a general outline of a process non-team
members can follow to contact your team and easily co-ordinate a GNOME
presence?
Well I consider everyone who is willing to speak about GNOME a team
member. Write to this list a good start, we are also quite active on
irc (#engagement).

I've had some slight difficulty coordinating things in the past
because I have to send emails to so many places, wait for responses, ask >who
to contact next, etc :)
Hm, the event wiki page are featured on main gnome wiki page [3].

1 https://wiki.gnome.org/Events
2 https://wiki.gnome.org/Events/DebConf14
3 https://wiki.gnome.org/
--