Re: GNOME FOSDEM Stand

On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 15:53 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
I had hoped that the posters I brought would have a bigger impact - I
think they are gorgeous and thought we might be able to have a
give-away
with them - especially since they were quite expensive to print!

What did people think of them? Is printing posters something we
should
look into for future conferences? If we do, we definitely will need
take better care of them!

Cheers,
Dave.

Posters are definitely beaucoup bucks to print.  I have yet to find a
cheap way to print them and standard "movie-size" posters are 24x36
Inch.

(Forgive me to those of you, for my being metric-challenged.)

My alternative was to use 11x17 inch prints.  Not as awesome, for sure,
but definitely economical by comparison.  Overnightprints.com, for
example, will do 50 for about $91.  And cheaper with a higher print
order.  And if you use them regularly, you'll quickly move into VIP
pricing which can be up to 50% even more savings on printing.

We could have multiple images printed up (say 5?) and plaster them all
over the booth (and venue) and not even worry about getting them back
(because in all likelyhood any paper-based printing will get mangled
quickly.)

Bryen