Re: [Ekiga-list] No one else available. How to self test

On 03/01/14 08:35, Tony Moody wrote:
Dear All,

I am the only green icon on the board.

I had Ekiga installed and tested to satisfaction.
Due to other problems Ekiga crashed or uninstalled ( I suspect interfered with by something
related to Skype updates) .
Skype and Ekiga reinstalled. Both running but Ekiga seems slightly wounded in that there
seems to be no-one else available.
The Echo test works fine.
The Call Back test : Seems to be ok but i'm Not sure how it is supposed to work. -- It goes
Calling 520 ekiga .net / that call is dropped, window closes /  a few seconds later a window
opens with a call from 500 ekiga net which then goes 'not responding' or goes to the Echo
test. ?

It should go to echo test, cf. http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Fun_Numbers.

Here is a good clue. I  did Chat/Addressbook/Action/Refresh and got 101 addresses and not
one is "available" "green",  including myself  !?

Presence is not shown in the address book. I agree it is confusing, since it shows the same icon as in the contact list.

Further
How do I do a self test? Without bothering others?

Just call echo test.

Is it possible or OK to set up another sip account and send messages to and from myselfs on
one pc?

You cannot do a call to your own PC, you need two PCs. Moreover, generally (i.e. if you are behind a NAT) you cannot call each other using the ekiga.net account, but using the IP address, see http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Manual#Calling_IP_to_IP_directly.