Re: [Ekiga-list] Difference between 500 and 520 echoes

On 20/03/12 09:57, Dima wrote:
On 10/01/12 00:17, Dima Sorkin wrote:
Hi.
    Ekiga 3.2.7 at Debian/SID (powerpc).

    When I call 500 at ekiga dot net, I hear silence,
    and in fact, the numbers at the bottom of a window show that
    no audio is received from the ekiga.net server. Video is ok,
    after 20 sec my cam is echoed to me back.

    On the other hand, when I use the 520 at ekiga dot net,
    it returns call to me, and then audio is just fine.
    Other audio echo services (4444 at sip2sip dot info) work fine.

    With Twinkle on the same machine the audio echo from 500 at ekiga is fine.

    What can be the reason that with Ekiga I get no audio echo from 500 ?

This is surely a bug.  Could you use in debian the ekiga version from
experimental and tell if the problem persists?

Hi, Eugen.

   I have built ekiga-snapshot using your script. Exactly the same phenomena
   persists. It is Debian Sid on PowerPC-32bit (iBook G4). Maybe its
   endianness matters ?!

It seems yes.  In the past, I used a macbook too.

Please provide a log when calling 500 and does not work. It never works, is that right? Or sometimes yes, sometimes not?

   On x86*, regular version of Ekiga (3.2.7) does not have this buggy
   behavior.