Re: [Ekiga-list] System port and Ekiga

On 24/12/12 13:06, Antonio wrote:

Il 24/12/2012 12:56, Eugen Dedu ha scritto:
On 24/12/12 12:28, Antonio wrote:

Hello everyone.

Currently I use the latest version of Ekiga on Fedora 18
Spherical Cow. My internet connection implicates an outdoor
antenna equipped with a management software that includes a
firewall (as well as other services like NAT, UPnP, DDNS, ...);
this firewall has been configured to allow the SIP calls from and
to Ekiga according to these information
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Internet_ports_used_by_Ekiga.

Even the firewall of Fedora is actived but it seems not affect
Ekiga work although its ports are not open nor any SIP services
are permitted. Ekiga works fine.

Glad to see that ekiga works fine for you!

Hi Eugen. :)

Is it a correct behavior in your opinion ?

I do not understand well the question.  Is it: is it normal that
ekiga works when antenna firewall is open and computer firewall is
not open especially for ekiga?

Exactly.

I do not know exactly how firewall implementations work. Maybe the computer firewall opens by default some known ports, or maybe you have told it sometime ago to open ports used by ekiga. I cannot say more on this subject :o(