Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga without GUI

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:49:58 +0100
Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:

> On 07/11/11 04:10, peter_tell wrote:
> > hi all,I hava a problem.and if anyboy can tell me how to use ekiga
> > without GUI,or ekiga has a console verision.i'm not means starts
> > with param "-c",coz i just wanna a simple voip client for voice
> > calling with a   phone,that's enough.
>
> ekiga does not work without GUI, sorry.

peter_tell, you might like to try Linphone with its linphonecsh command
which s sending commands to a linphonec whic is running in daemon mode.
http://www.linphone.org/eng/documentation/guide/linphonecsh-control.html

Personally, I would love to have a console interface for a SIP client.
http://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/ncurses.html