Re: [Ekiga-list] Disconnect after about 30 sec

On 15/06/2011 11:39 AM, David Halliday wrote:
One more data point, I have also downloaded Ekiga 3.3.0 for XP and it shows the same problem of disconnecting after about 30 seconds so I don't suspect the Redhat OS from the previous post.

A quick look at the logs shows that it was the Tandberg that dropped the call.
So, we have to determine why it might do this.

Dropouts near the 30 second mark are sometimes due to one end dropping the call because they have not received media.
This may be due to a codec mismatch, or a NAT problem, or even lack of support for RTCP.

I would start with a simple call, say G.711 only, and see if that works.
If it does, try adding video but use low bandwidth and try different codecs.
Note that the Opal H.261 codec is very, very simple-minded. It could well be that it is too simple for the other end :)

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs postincrement com au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs jabber org

 "Science is the poetry of reality." Richard Dawkins