[Ekiga-list] Ekiga online contacts not showing up on contact list

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine and I noticed this problem tonight and it's quite
bothersome. He had been logged into Ekiga for about an hour when I
logged in. He didn't immediately show up as online in my contact list
and didn't actually show up for about 5-7 minutes. Then, I logged out
and logged back in and the same thing happened.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this lag?

Thanks!
Anthny