Re: [Ekiga-list] Warning startup - enable port forwarding manually. My router is correctly config. Why??

David Taveras wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Iam running ekiga to test it on Ubuntu 9.10.. version of Ekiga is
> karmic/main ekiga 3.2.5-1ubuntu1 .
> It warned upon startup to enable port forarding manually because my
> router isnt forwrding the packets UDP TCP mentioned in the wiki....
>
> iam 100% sure that my router has free communication to the internet
> for those ports

You do not have a public IP address.  Your router uses symmetric nat,
use "ekiga -d 4 2>&1|grep STUN" and see
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router#Symmetric_NAT:_Dynamic_navigation_of_NAT_routers

> how does ekiga check that at startup? is it possible there is an error?

I do not think.  It uses STUN.