Re: [Ekiga-list] Outbound use with routers and firewalls

PS. note that you are somewhat vague or confusing yourself, too. You say:

> I'm pretty sure I have a definitive answer.

A definitive answer for what? Or do you mean you don't have an answer?

> I installed version 3.2.6, and it consistently passed the echo test with several sites.

Which sites? Have you also tried the call back test on ekiga.net? (520)

> I have a Linksys WRT54GL, with no special provision for SIP--no ports open for incoming calls.

WRT54GL is running Linux (according to wikipedia), which should make
it's NAT implementation well-behaved; I've installed OpenWRT on my
WRT54G v3 and it worked without problem.

> I did not use STUN.

As I said Ekiga *does* use STUN in the newer versions automatically.

> Ubuntu Karmic was used with the firewall in default (ports closed) condition.

Aha? Well that might explain problems, no?

Christian.