- set the modem to defaults - no port forwarding, no firewall holes,

[if STUN is working <OR> SIP proxy is used, You should do not need them]

- install Twinkle
- get a sip account at iptel.org

try to call "music" and "echo" with this account

It should work, even if twinkle sends as his RTP contact local IP and
port. [this is iptel.org workaround - this SIP server ignores RTP contact
send by client a sends audio streem out to that ip/port, from where
it gets streem in (I thing so)]

To call someone else (not on iptel.org), You have to set STUN server
(e.g. stun.iptel.org) in Your profile settings -> Transport/NAT

or

set sip.iptel.org in Your profile settings -> SIP server

If I remember good, then this proxy acts also as RTP proxy and this should
help even in case of "symetric NAT", I thing ...

Try it and report :-)

--kapetr