Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga w/VoipDiscount.com -

Hi Yannick
Fedora core 11 in my case - using the Ekiga that came with it.

As a matter of interest Fedoras bug tracking system is full of complaints that Ekiga doesn't work - all marked No Fix. I don't know who packages Ekiga for Fedora but perhaps you should get in touch with him. Lots of the bug reports say Ekiga hasn't worked since 2.x in about FC 6 or 8.

Currently I have an ALSA error that I have tried to fix but I have managed to get no audio output in Ekiga and a feedback screech if I unplug the head set. I hope that undoing all I did will get it back to half working again.
(To 'break' it I opened alsamixer and set up the sound card - I turned the +20db on for the mic - I think that pulse doesn't like it when you do that.)

I have pulseaudio installed and running.
Fedora Core 11
Ekiga 3.2.6

I have wireshark installed.

I can send d4 or wireshark reports - I'm not good at compiling or patching. I can install .rpm files locally or from a repository. It is a shame that none of Ekiga developers use a RedHat Linux because it is quite different from Debian versions.

I don't think this is a specific Ekiga problem - more of a packaging issue with Fedora.

Hope I can help to fix the problem

David