Re: [Ekiga-list] Is there a problem?

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 03:32:14PM +1000, Murray Collingwood wrote:
> Hello
>
> I installed the software (Ekiga) yesterday and did a test call fine.  Today
> I tried to do the call back test and nothing - the call says completed but
> it hangs up as soon as it answers.  The same for 500 and 520.
>
> I'm feeling a little insecure as this is my first time with this software
> (previous Skype user) so a little assurance that either there is a problem
> with the test service or perhaps a point if I'm doing something wrong.
>
> PS I had the original Ekiga from my Debian 5 Lenny install, however I then
> went and did the update so I'm now on version 3.2.5.

My experience is that the Ekiga test numbers do not always work.  Sign
up for an account at iptel.org and then you can try using their echo
test (echo iptel org).  It's handy to have an account with them, because
sometimes my ekiga account won't register properly.

There are other echo tests you can try.  Google for "ekiga fun numbers"
and you'll see some on that list.  I don't know of any other callback
numbers, unfortunately.

-Rob