Re: [Ekiga-list] make error

Christian Jaeger a écrit :
../../../../lib/engine/components/opal/h323-endpoint.cpp: In member
function
‘void Opal::H323::EndPoint::Register(const Opal::Account&)’:
../../../../lib/engine/components/opal/h323-endpoint.cpp:277: erreur
interne
du compilateur: dans set_uids_in_ptset, à tree-ssa-structalias.c:4800
Veuillez soumettre un rapport complet d'anomalies,
avec le source pré-traité si nécessaire.
Consultez <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.3/README.Bugs> pour plus de
détail.

To get english error messages, run "export LANG=C" first.

Anyway, this is an "internal comiler error". I'm only a user too, but I've found that I had to install gcc-4.4 on Debian stable to be able to compile Ekiga and/or ptlib/opal. (Although iirc the kinds of errors that I have seen were different. BTW, also try to run the make command again, to see whether it stops at the same place, to make sure it's not a problem with your computer hardware (like memory errors).)

Christian.

Like Christian, I also had this bug on 3 differents machines (all debian based), you need gcc-4.2 or gcc-4.4 to avoid it (I only had this problem with gcc 4.3).
From the information I red on the internet, it could be:
1) a bug from gcc 4.2
2) a hardware problem (such as bad memory)
3) not enough memory to compile

Try to upgrade (or downgrade) gcc and g++ and it should be fine. If it still complaining about this, you probably had an other problem with your memory (1GB should be enough for compiling Opal).

Regards,

Paul.