Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga freezing on start-up

Could you send us the gdb backtrace, cf. http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_stack_backtrace_from_a_crash ?

You know, I tried! I was able to follow  the instructions re debugging but now when I deliberately make errors with the account information I can't get it to freeze. Go figure.

Definitely part of the issue was I didn't understand that the Assistant was duplicating the accounts each time it was run. I was putting in the correct information but the system was still using the older, incorrect entries. The freezing? Maybe I put something bad in like the SIP address instead of my Ekiga username.

I've made a few long distance calls successfully now. The call quality is fair to poor though. I'll keep on experimenting with the settings. I think the issue before was the MIC was set far too high blasting the callee with static. I also can't yet receive calls yet on the Toronto number I purchased.

Big progress tho. Tx!

Pete