Re: [Ekiga-list] Debian packages

Le mardi 30 décembre 2008 à 20:39 +0100, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
Rick Pasotto wrote:
> gnome-desktop-environment depends on ekiga (>= 2.0.12)
> > Since 'aptitude install ekiga-snapshot' removes ekiga,
> gnome-desktop-environment becomes BROKEN and the installation
> would REMOVE 47 other packages.
> > As far as I'm concerned, this means that ekiga-snapshot is NOT
> installable.
> > I think that the problem is that the version number for ekiga-snapshot
> is 0-20081220-1 which is less than 2.0.12. Perhaps if the version number
> were changed to something greater that 2.0.12 (eg, 3-20081220-1) then
> the problem would go away.

Hi,

Increasing the version of ekiga-snapshot does not work.

There are two solutions:
- either stay as we are now. Note that only gnome-desktop-environment is removed (+old pwlwib/opal), not 47 packages!! - or do not use ekiga-snapshot anymore, but ekiga (while ptlib and opal are still named -snapshot, to avoid soname problems). Note that this will not be intrusive or conflict with debian package, because the version will be carefully chosen.

What do people prefer??

I plan to change the name from ekiga-snapshot to ekiga.  This means:
- gnome-desktop-env will work
- you have to install/upgrade ekiga, not ekiga-snapshot anymore

(Note that the naming ptlib-snapshot and opal-snapshot remain.)