Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga beginner questions

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Anything special about those 10% cases where it does not work? Just
> trying to get a clear picture here and perhaps avoid problems, or at
> least minimize them.

See wiki.ekiga.org, in those cases, a simple port forwarding is enough.

Symmetric Nat is really Frequent in French DSL ISP modems ( Freebox and neufBox I think ) , and as long as TURN ICE or Upnp support Won't be in Ekiga , port forwarding will still be needed in a lot of cases which leads usually to not recommends Ekiga to your granMother ( a Pity )

>         Not Mac OSX.
>
> Any alternative?

Any SIP software will work. But I'm not familiar with OS X. Perhaps
SJPhone will work.

Xmeeting is definitly the best option for me , I use the lastest 0.4alpha2 regularly without any problems with H263 (No H264 though)
--
Michel memeteau