[Ekiga-list] ekiga -d 5: "Transaction REGISTER timeout"

Hi, all!

I've just installed Ekiga 3.0.2 from sources at
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Download_Ekiga_sources, and registered
at Ekiga.net web site, but cannot get connected to the SIP server at
ekiga.net.

The status line tells me "Couldn't register to
sip:myaddress ekiga net". According to 'ekiga -d 5' command output, it
is trying to connect, but every time registration attempts time out.
The interesting part starts when I try to troubleshoot it with
Wireshark. It seems that the client actually sends the REGISTER
message, and the server replies to it with a nonce and authorization
request as it should, but the reply is sent to a random port in the
range 15000-17000, whereas ekiga listens on port 5060. Obviously, the
reply is discarded by the kernel, and it never reaches the
destination.

I am running Ubuntu 8.04, and tried to connect through my home switch
as well as directly to the wall outlet. The ISP provides me with a
public IP address, but filters incoming traffic, and although 'ekiga
-d 5' reports a symmetric firewall, I have never noticed any filtering
on the outgoing traffic.

It's the first time for me to try Ekiga, or any voice messenger apart
from Skype, and I may very well be wrong in some assumptions, but
there were couple more similar reports in the mail list:
* http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2009-February/msg00170.html
"[Ekiga-list] ekiga timeout - eeebuntu"
* http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2009-February/msg00120.html
"[Ekiga-list] SIP server ekiga.org down?"
* http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2009-February/msg00098.html
"[Ekiga-list] Fedora Core 10 - Ekiga 3.0.2 registration timeout()"

Regards,
Mikhail Kalkov