Re: [Ekiga-list] Can't call landlines with other provider

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 18:53 +0200, yannick wrote:
> Reimundo Heluani a écrit :
> > Hello List, I am new to SIP and I just built ekiga 3.2.5 from source on
> > a LFS Linux 86x_64 2.6.29.5. I can run the echo test and it works fine,
> > but if I try to use my voipdiscount.com account, about 10 seconds after
> > dialing out it says "User not available" regardless of the phone dialed.
> >
> > The problem is that I don't really know how to start debugging this, is
> > there a debug mode for Ekiga?
> >

> Yes, please provide us a debug output:
> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_debug_output

Thanks, attached is the output of a session trying to reach a landline
with voipdiscount.com (around line 953 starts the connection). I passed
the results through the awk script in the wiki but it'll take me some
time to understand the packets. I probably should've erased personal
information from these though :)
I didn't attach the whole output of the session with ekiga echo test
cause it would be too large for the list, but I did attach the packets
that the awk script gives.

> > Another issues I have (that may be completely unrelated) are
> >
> > 1) If I check on General Settings --> Disable Network detection, then
> > the Ekiga.net account doesn't register (it says Globally not accepted)
> >

> That is not an issue, it only means your current setup prevent
> end-to-end communication and you need a helper for that. Left it uncheck.
>
> > 2) I have pulseaudio running on my system and I have to use the
> > "Default" (PTLIB/ALSA) sink therefore, but my card (and webcam) are
> > constantly bombarded. If I have pavucontrol open and test any sound from
> > Ekiga, the cpu goes to 99% activity and I have to kill he stream.
> >

> Does it work better without pulse audio? If so, please report a bug to
> pulse audio.

Indeed if I kill the server or run with pasuspender and access the
soundcard directly then I don't see any difference in the audio quality
but I don't get the problems mentioned above. These issues are the usual
ones with Skype as well.

Thanks again,

R.