Re: [Ekiga-list] pc-to-phone recommandations?

Oisin Feeley wrote:
> Yes, Diamondcard has been getting my business for the past year and a
> bit and I have no objections. Their service seems on a par with other
> comparably priced providers.

Their per-minute charge for calls to the US is cheaper than Skype's (1.7
cents vs. 2.1 cents/min) but unfortunately, they don't appear to have a
cheap flat-fee option like Skype ($2.95/month, or less if you pay
quarterly or yearly) so if you use more than about 150 minutes/month,
Skype is cheaper.  Which is too bad since I've noticed that Ekiga's
voice quality when using Diamondcard is much better (comparable to POTS
as opposed to much worse with Skype).  I don't know if that's true in
general or just due to my local network conditions.