Re: [Ekiga-list] DID, ATA and Ekiga

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
Le lundi 15 septembre 2008 à 11:52 -0400, MacNean Tyrrell a écrit :
> Ok i'm done with Vonage/Verizon Voicewing.  Just $30/month for the
> amount I use it is crazy.  I have successfully "hacked" (i hate that
> word, I bought it i should be able to do with it what i want) my old
> Linksys RTP300 from Vonage.  I noticed that Ekiga offers a free sip
> address.  Is it possible to use this address with a did provider and
> my rtp300?  (I did search the mailing list, but I didn't find
> anything, and I'll admit I could have missed it).

I think so. Voxbone could work for example. Using such a DID provider,
you simply associate the DID with @ekiga.net SIP address.
Ok, ipkall just sent me my phone number, so I'll have to log in and change the sip info.   However, to put the info in the ATA ekiga uses the standard port of 5060 I assume, and standard codec g711 or whatever it is (i think my linksys gives me a lot of codecs to choose from) and then I would need to put in the sip proxy my username and password.  Is there a way to tell this works without purchases minutes or whatnot from diamondcard first?  Would I at least get a dialtone if it works?

> I noticed that Diamondcard is the recommended (well not forcing but
> they give back to ekiga) and people that have it, is the 1.7cents a
> minute for both out going and incoming calls? (obviously that rate is
> for US)  THe wiki and website are a little lite on information that I
> saw.  Also, anyone know if that rate is also for mobile calls?

I think there is a page where you can see all call rates. It is even
directly accessible from within Ekiga itself :
https://www.diamondcard.us/exec/voip-login?act=sgn&spo=ekiga
Yea i saw the call rates, but I guess I wasn't sure if it was both in and out calls at that same rate.  I'll just have to email them.

Apparently, it is also the same rate for mobiles.

> Anyone use their DID service?  And can you cancel?  Like $2/month
> isn't bad, but if ipkall ever registers me for a free DID i would
> cancel the one from Diamondcard.  Just trying to get all the info I
> can before I spend any money on services.

I would mail their support service. I can not answer those questions :(
This may also be more for the email to Diamondcard, but the service gets charged per my sip address correct? So even if i have the ipkall DID directed towards the ekiga sip info the minutes charged will be against my diamondcard account, and same with outgoing?

--
 _     Damien Sandras
(o-