Re: [Ekiga-list] Audio devices not detected

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
>> My question is with getting my headset detected. The device detection
>> tool will not work. My ringing and output devices are SILENT. My input
>> device is NULL.
>>

> The ALSA plugin is not installed, hence your problem.

That's strange. I had a look on the wiki:

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Getting_several_applications_using_the_sound_card_at_the_same_time_%3F

and according to this page, my version of ALSA should include Dmix.

"iain iain-desktop ~> cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.16."

Iain