Re: [Ekiga-list] usb handset: Uniden WIN1200?

ael wrote:
sean darcy wrote:
I'm looking for a usb cordless handset to pair with ekiga. I'd like not to be tied to the pc while I talk.

Why usb? Perhaps you have a modem that only has a usb connection?
Ethernet is generally preferred, if only because of the much higher
bandwidth.

Grandstream might do one.

ael
I'm not explaining this well (:

I've got three bedrooms in the house, each of which has a pc with a wired ethernet connection to an asterisk server. I realize I could get a small router and a sip phone - like a Grandstream. But this seems overkill.

If I have ekiga up on the pc and a wired headset I can sit at the pc and make and receive calls. What I'd like is to have a cordless handset to do this. The handset would ring when ekiga received a call, and I could use the keypad to make a call. I imagined the base station for the cordless handset to be connected to the pc with usb.

Does this exist?

sean