Re: [Ekiga-list] Connection issues through T-Online

2008/3/3, Shawn Adams <shawn_adams web de>:

>  If your friend uses T-Online as an ISP, and wants to use Ekiga to do SIP
>  with an ekiga.net account, this should work, for me - the connection
>  requires STUN.
<...>
>  I can also disable STUN and use "Ip translation". I have 3 different
>  routers, two have SIP AGLs, which means it keeps track of SIP sessions
>  to PCs on the private side.
>
>  the 3rd is a netgear, I've configured the following NAT ports to my PC:
>  probably very similar to all home ADSL routers)
<...>
>  Service Table
>         #       Service Type    Ports
>         1       SIP (TCP/UDP)   5060 - 5070
>         2       stun (TCP/UDP)  3478 - 3479
>         3       tonline_voip (TCP)      30000 - 30005

Is forwarding the STUN ports required ? In my setup, behind a cable
modem ->  WRT54G <-> WAP54g (flashed with dd-wrt, setup as a listener
client),so I have 2 subnets internaly, both NATing, and stun gets
through without any port forwarding.

>  I'm no ekiga expert, but this certainly sounds like a router issue, or
>  you need STUN.

Looks like it. He's with T-Online's Speedport W502V. It connects to
traditional landlines & allows "DSL_Telephonie". The other possibility
is a transparent proxy on SIP ports to force usage of there servers,
and thus their own SIP service. Does this sound plausible ?

I'll get him to install VNC and go have a look...

Thanks for the help !
--
Olivier