[Ekiga-list] Placing calls

I got an account last year and then had to stop using EKIGA, so I am a
newbie at it.

I am using UbuntuStudio 7.10 with a cable modem and a P4 with 1GB ram.
I have Ekiga 2.0.11 that I got from Ubuntu.

Whenever I try to dial someone, my screen says standby and never
connects. The Icon by the address connects when placing a call and
then it disconnects. I have tried different addresses with the same
result.

Also with sound. I can hardly hear mysef when I do the sound test with
the mic and headset. I have all of the sound diveces turn all as high
as they will go.

Can I get some advice? Please...........ed
--
Edward Dunagin-Dunigan-Dunnigan
Bozeman, MT 59718