Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga slow to connect

Le lundi 22 octobre 2007 �3:25 +0200, xlyz a �it :
> > However, it is not normal to spend so much time on that lookup. It
> > indicates a problem on your DNS server.
> >

> the culprit seems to be the dns relay of my router. I've disabled it and
> now ekiga works fine
>
> > Can you double-check /etc/resolv.conf on the machine on which you have a
> > delay and on the machine that works correctly ?
> > --
>
> both were the same machine, the second being a virtualized windows
> installation. I still do not understand why it worked fine: maybe the
> windows versione does not do the SRV lookup?

Yes, it does not do the SRV lookup, there is a bug in our package ;-)

The future 3.00 release only does the SRV lookup when needed (in this
specific case, it is not needed).

But I am happy it finally works without delay :)

> btw many thanks for the assistance.

I'm happy it finally works!
--
 _     Damien Sandras