Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Using gstreamer for everything audio and video in ekiga

On 24/04/14 22:15, Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

Le 23/04/2014 18:28, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
On 22/04/14 15:16, Julien Puydt wrote:

Can you try the following two commands:
1. gst-launch videotestsrc ! ximagesink

It shows several coloured vertical lines.  The output is:
snoopy:~$ gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! ximagesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0:
Output window was closed
Additional debug info:
ximagesink.c(686): gst_ximagesink_handle_xevents ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0
Execution ended after 0:00:04.347078564
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...
snoopy:~$

So it doesn't look at all like the first window shot in this page:
http://wiki.oz9aec.net/index.php/Gstreamer_cheat_sheet
? Only the lower right corner should move.

It does look like in the Web page, i.e. vertical lines and right bottom corner moving.

2. gst-launch videotestsrc ! agingtv ! ximagesink

The same erroneous window, with the same output.

It should be only slightly the same, with an aging special effect so the
streams can be discerned apart (as I write "apart" I wonder if it
shouldn't have been "one another" or something like this...).

Indeed.

Let's try to see first what is the support of ptlib: does it allow device changing and discovery, fullscreen, session recording etc.?