Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Tarball generation issues

> - the tar.gz contain the files: ekiga.desktop.in, ekiga.desktop.in.in,
> ekiga.schemas.in.in; I am not sure about the role of these files (given that
> the same files without .in exist), I would like to remove them from the
> tarball, could you confirm that they should be removed?

I think you need those if you need to run autoconf stuff (which for a
release you shouldn't) if the distro ships a new version of libtool or
the like.

> - should Makefile.am too be distributed in the tar.gz given that Makefile.in
> are already distributed?

I thought the .am files are the newer version/standard of the .in
files (am for automake, ac for autoconf etc so they don't conflict
with other build systems) so you need one or the other but not both.

Peter