Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] fedora, mingw32, and ekiga

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] fedora, mingw32, and ekiga
From: Matthias Schneider <ma30002000 yahoo de>
Date: 02/12/2009 02:10 PM

Hi all,

I am the guy who continued most of the work started by Julien Puydt on the windows cross-coompile buidl.  SDL is not used anywhere in ekiga, neither on windows nor on linux. On linux we use X/XV and on windows we use DirectDraw output.

Last time I was able to work on ekiga for win32 I was only working on the 3.0.x branches, I did not even start to do something on trunk. SO I suppose if someone wants to compile 3.1.x or 3.2.x it will be necessary to port the scripts from the gnome-2-24 branch to trunk.

I will try to answer any questions on the windows build if I can manage (I didnt even get to reading my emails in a timely manner lately)...

Even if Ekiga doesn't use SDL, PTlibs can have support for it. It's not hurting anything by having it in, but it is fluff, and I can take it out.

The Windows build for 3.0.2 is complete. This thread is also complete. Please continue discussion on the trunk mingw thread.