[Ekiga-devel-list] fedora, mingw32, and ekiga

I have finished a fresh Ekiga 3.0.2 build that runs on Windows. I used the lovely Makefile (heavily modified) posted in the gnome.org SVN and generated a new NSIS executable. This build does not open a console window upon startup. :)

Fedora 10 is using newer packages of the mingw32 environment than what was in the Makefile and also included new packages that added SDL support. In order for this to all compile, link, and run, I had to make a few changes.

ffmpeg
The libavdevice/vfwcap.c includes vfw.h stuff. The Fedora one is more up to date.

ptlib
1. The svcproc.cxx source is not compiled on mingw. Why?
2. The vfw.cxx source included vfw.h stuff. The Fedora vfw.h includes most of the things defined in vfw.cxx.

opal
When SDL is enabled, the configure script runs invalid checks. The m4 files need to be updated to use int main (int argc, char *argv[]) instead of int main().

ekiga
When the ekiga.exe binary is being linked, an error is thrown:
ptime.cxx:(.text+0x363): undefined reference to `_PTimeParse'

For some reason the getdate.tab.c source is not being recognized by the linker. I verified the source was in libpt_s.a and even grepped the strings output and the symbol is inside. I created a stub of this function in ptime.cxx for now. Any ideas on this one?

I have made patches of the source file changes if anyone is interested in them. I will also be refining the wiki page once I get some time.

If anyone wants my new shiny package, let me know where to put it, or I can host it (for a limited time) if necessary. I have tested it in a Windows XP virtual machine and it installs and runs.

Compiled versions:
Ekiga 3.0.2
Opal 3.4.2
PTLib 2.4.5