Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Win32 Vista terminate problem

Le mercredi 12 août 2009 à 10:19 +0200, Michael Rickmann a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, den 30.07.2009, 21:08 +0200 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > First of all, thanks for the continuous work. I think your efforts will
> > lead to a more stable Ekiga.
> >
> > After examinating the logs, I think we can first try fixing the crash.
> > We can fix the deadlock after.
> >
> > When I look at try1-segfault and try2-segfault, I can see the crash is
> > similar and happens in PTLIB.
> >
> > I'll ask Robert if he has an idea. It is a part of the code he knows
> > very well.

[...]

> Just to keep everybody informed. I have made some progress in solving
> the crash: do not link Ptlib and Opal statically to Ekiga but use dlls
> ( https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2832775&group_id=204472&atid=989748 ).
> As to our Vista stuck on exit problem, I spotted the place where it
> first becomes apparent: when the interface monitor thread is destructed
> ( https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2835713&group_id=204472&atid=989748 ). So far I have only a work around which uses brute force and should be avoided. Hopefully its not a heap problem.

I'm still away, but exceptionally reading my e-mails. I wanted to thank
you for your efforts. If you have doubts, don't hesitate to ask Robert
for ideas. The static/dynamic linking bug is weird, but I think
dynamically linking is a good idea anyway.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/