Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Win32 Ekiga painful

Am Donnerstag, den 30.04.2009, 17:38 +0200 schrieb Julien Puydt:
> Michael Cronenworth a écrit :
> > Craig Southeren wrote:
> >> Last time I tried the procedure at the following URL, it didn't even
> >> go close to working on Fedora:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Cross-compile_Win32
> >>
> >> Is that this what you did? Were any changes needed?
> >
> > The Makefile in Gnome SVN/Git is not appropriate for Fedora MinGW. It
> > was made by a guy using Debian. I was not sure how to handle a Fedora
> > Makefile, but I think I will just submit it as "Makefile.fedora" and
> > call it a day. Let me change it to use Gnome Git instead of SVN and I'll
> > post it on this list.
>
> Would it be possible to merge them into a single Makefile?
>
> Snark

Yes, I think the differences are simple - I had the Fedora packages
installed through Debian alien

export DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE:=$(shell dpkg-architecture
-qDEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE)
is not in Fedora
export DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE:="i586-pc-mingw32"
HOST_TOOL_PREFIX:=i586-mingw32msvc
are different in Fedora

One could use simply use: which fedora-one dpkg-architecture
as a test. For me that command returns /usr/bin/dpkg-architecture
and /usr/bin/dpkg-architecture returns i486-linux-gnu .
Depending on the outcome one could adjust all three.

As to the stuck linker bug: I am just working on it. Something seems
fishy with the macros at the end of include/ptlib/plugin.h . Possibly
they are only for MSVC  and we should use the "USE_GCC" mechanism for
__MINGW32__. Using slightly changed ones in a separate source file to
Ekiga gives some hope:
i586-mingw32msvc-nm ekiga/src/.libs/ekiga.exe | grep WindowsMultimedia
00a283e0 d .data
$_ZGVZN52PPlugin_PSoundChannel_WindowsMultimedia_RegistrationC1EP14PPluginManagerE7factory
00a29e50 d .data
$_ZZN52PPlugin_PSoundChannel_WindowsMultimedia_RegistrationC1EP14PPluginManagerE7factory
008bd37c t .text
$_ZN52PPlugin_PSoundChannel_WindowsMultimedia_RegistrationC1EP14PPluginManager
00afb398 B
_PPlugin_PSoundChannel_WindowsMultimedia_Registration_Instance
00a24a30 D
more for PVideoInputDevice_DirectShow and
VideoInputDevice_VideoForWindows
I did not get that with the original Ptlib macros, it was zero output.
Give me a bit more time.
Regards
Michael