Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga call does not reach established state

Hi both Matthias,

Le dimanche 18 mai 2008 à 10:28 +0200, Matthias Apitz a écrit :
> El día Saturday, May 17, 2008 a las 05:46:49PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:
>
> > I removed the old user-config with the tool ekiga-config-tool and
> > started ekiga; it made me running though the config assistant and then
> > it crashes with:
> >
> > $ ekiga
> > Assertion failed: (client), function avahi_entry_group_new, file
> > entrygroup.c, line 110.
> > Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)
>
> The trap occurs in entrygroup.c of /usr/local/lib/libavahi-client.so.3,
> the lib belongs to the installed port-pkg:
>
> $ pkg_info -W /usr/local/lib/libavahi-client.so.3
> /usr/local/lib/libavahi-client.so.3 was installed by package avahi-app-0.6.22_1
>
> I went to the source of the lib:
>
> $ cd /usr/ports
> $ make search name=avahi-app-0.6.22_1 | fgrep Path
>
> $ cd net/avahi-app/work/avahi-0.6.22/
> $ find . -name entrygroup.c -print
> ./avahi-client/entrygroup.c
>
> the code at line 110 reads:
>
> AvahiEntryGroup* avahi_entry_group_new (AvahiClient *client,
> AvahiEntryGroupCallback callback, void *userdata)
> {
>     AvahiEntryGroup *group = NULL;
>     DBusMessage *message = NULL, *reply = NULL;
>     DBusError error;
>     char *path;
>     int state;
>
>     assert(client);
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>     dbus_error_init (&error);
>
> which means that 'client' must be zero;
>
> I've modified
> ekiga/lib/engine/components/avahi-publisher/avahi-publisher.cpp a bit to:

>     /* Allocate a new client */
>     if (name) {
>
>       fprintf(stderr, "name: %s\n", name);
>       client = avahi_client_new (poll_api, (AvahiClientFlags) 0, avahi_client_callback, this, &error);
>       if (client == NULL)
>           fprintf(stderr, "avahi_client_new() returned NULL -- skipping avahi_entry_group_new\n");
>       else
>           group = avahi_entry_group_new (client, avahi_entry_group_callback, this);

this reminds me a bug I had too, and for what damien made me change a
line in this same place, a bit like the change you did yourself, but for
me it was :

    /* Allocate a new client */
    if (name) {

      client = avahi_client_new (poll_api, (AvahiClientFlags) 0,
avahi_client_callback, this, &error);
        if (client){
      group = avahi_entry_group_new (client, avahi_entry_group_callback,
this);
        }
    }

And it works perfectly for me with this change.
I can successfully call 500 and establish a call.

Hth,

fabrice

PS: I thought damien commited it to svn, perhaps someone has to check.