Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] plz help : new to ekiga

On Thu, August 7, 2008 8:10 am, amit singh wrote:
> hi all,

Hi amit singh,

>         I have just taken the ekiga source code from the repository. My
> major concern is how to build the code and how to get the list of all
> dependent libraries for the same.

Hmmm, I am wondering....Don't take it bad please, but if your first
statement is "..how to build the code and how to get the dependencies..."
my first question would be : Why do you want to compile Ekiga from
sources, and not just take a binary package at your disposition for your
distribution ? The answer could perhaps be "because my distribution X, Y
or Z don't provide accurate package". Or perhaps you have special needs
regarding some features ?

> I am trying to builf it on Linux.
> Plz if anyone can *help with the steps to build ekiga on linux and guide
> me
> about the libraries which has to be included externally*.
> looking forward for the response , plz help guys :-(

you could take alook at the wiki where there are some pages about how to
compile ekiga :

http://wiki.ekiga.org/

> from ,
> amit singh

Even if i know it is not the full answer you wait for, i hope it helps a bit,

fabrice