Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] 1st working SVN build Ekiga on FreeBSD

Quoting Matthias Apitz <guru Sisis de>:

> El día Wednesday, April 02, 2008 a las 06:09:26PM +0200, Matthias Schneider
> escribió:
>
> > Emilio,
> >
> > sorry, thats all I know about H.264 and H.323 and I do not have any
> resources to
> > deal with it any further. If you are really interested you can dig into
> this for
> > yourself and contact Simone Horne (howerver only for questions about OPAL
> and
> > not about Ekiga), there should be posts by him on the OPAL mailing list.
>
> (btw: it is Simon Horne <s horne packetizer com> and I contacted him, no
> reply yet);
>

> > However I would like to help you on the video issue, so I would welcome
> > additional info there (preview working?, logo working with 500, etc.)
> >
> > Matthias
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> This morning I did two tests to 500 ekiga det, one with V4L and cam,
> the other with MovingLogo as picture:
>
> in both tests also the video was echoed fine from 500 ekiga det; I did
> realized this for the 1st time because the video echo starts after the
> greeting message 'you're about entering the echo test room...' is over;
> maybe in the past I never awaited the end of the greeting (or never set
> the View to 'picture-in-picture'), anyway: video is fine;
>
> but in the call with V4L the status message in the main screen stays as
> 'Standby', while in the call with MovingLogo it switches to 'Connected
> with 500' and the call duration is displayed and updated correctly as
> time runs;
>
> I've inserted some Debug: statements in to the Ekiga code, so they're
> not in your code in SVN but the Debug: messages says in which method we
> are; here it comes, 1st for the call with V4L and 2nd with MovingLogo;
> somehow the call in V4L mode does not reach the connected state and the
> HANGUP-button does not work because the X11-call-back function of this does
> no have the call-pointer in the struct mw->current_call; and this is
> perhaps because Opal::Call::OnEstablished() is not passed;
>

> call to 500 ekiga net with V4L:
>
> Debug:lib/engine/protocol/skel/call-core.cpp CallCore::dial()
> Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::Call()
> Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnOpenMediaStream()
> Debug:StreamType Audio
> Debug:stream_name: PCMU
> Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnOpenMediaStream()
> Debug:StreamType Audio
> Debug:stream_name: PCMU
> Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnOpenMediaStream()
> Debug:StreamType Video
> Debug:stream_name: h261
> Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnOpenMediaStream()
> Debug:StreamType Video
> Debug:stream_name: h261
> CIF MPI = 33
> Frame Time = 3003
> Frame Height = 144
> Temporal Spatial Trade Off = 0
> [...]

Emilio,
we should focus at first to the problem why we do not reach the connected state.
I think I have been experiecing similar problems from time to time. However I do
not understand how this could be related to the different video sources, since
for OPAL this should be completely transparent. Maybe its a good idea to
continue tracing the establishment process? And, to be sure, put a trace when
going in and out in the functions of src/devices/videoinput.cpp (However I am
unsure that the problem is there since you do get a working picture) to see if
some (of my new ) functions block there.

About the X BadWindow problem I have no idea now, perhaps a -d 4 tells more when
running into that situation?

By the way I noticed on your logo transmission screen that you are transmitting
about 1 mbit/s to the ekiga.net, but only get back 200 kbit/s, thus the garbled
picture and low receiving framerate. Perhaps you should adjust the sending
bitrate to your internet uplink speed?

Matthias