Custom lines external properties

Hi everyone,

(excuse my english, i am french)

Few days ago, I started having fun with dia (making my own plugin,
shapes, custom lines). I have to say that it is a great tool (even if
I don't understand yet everything about Gtk, C, and Xml stuff behind).

I was wondering if there is any way to add external properties to
custom lines the same way it is possible to add external properties to
custom shapes (via <ext_attributes> in the .line file) ?

I tried - in a naive way - to directly add <ext_attributes> in my line
files, but after looking at custom and custom lines C code I am just
asking what are the difficulties to add such a feature ?

Thanks,

Regards,
Julien
Dia version 0.97.2
Linux 2.6.32-41-generic #91-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 13 11:44:43 UTC 2012
i686 GNU/Linux