Re: Displayed page breaks?

There is zoom factor and there is scale.  Zoom factor brings you closer to your work without affecting how the rulers look relative to the page breaks and grid (and your Dia).  Scaling (on the Page Setup dialog with the margins). Changes the page behind the graphics and the ruler.

Smaller scale increases the size of the graphics and ruler relative to the page and its page breaks.  If your ruler seems wrong the scale may not be 100%.

Anyway that is how it works for me and I just checked it to make sure I said it correctly.

I pretty much work on one page.  So I will show the page breaks in landscape letter.  38% shows me one page on my monitor at zoom factor 100%.  If I fill it up and need more room I shrink the scale a little.  That expands the page around the graphics.  Then if I want to see the whole page I must change the zoom factor

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Doug Wellington <ddw rincon com> wrote:
> The page breaks lie where the margins lie (with scale set to 100%).  This way you don't have to look at white space if your Dia get bigger than a page.

Yes, I understand.  That is very nice.  I'm not sure I understand what the scale has to do with it though.  Is there more to it than just the zoom factor?  I have my preferences set so that new windows are 960x757 at 200%, so one page break area fits the window.  If I change it to 100%, then I get four page breaks in my window, which makes sense to me...

> 1" margins all around letter size gives you 6.5 x 9 inches of room on the page.  That is 16.51cm x 22.86 cm.

If the margin is supposed to be 1" all around, then why does the Page Setup dialog claim that the margins are 13.47mm, 13.47mm, 10.30mm and 10.30mm?  I haven't seen any other place to set margins...

Regards,
Doug

                    Michael E. Ross
      NC Solar Center Test Laboratory
               (919) 576-0824 best
               (919) 631-1451 cell
              (919) 513-0418 desk
           michael_ross ncsu edu
         michael e ross gmail com

NC Solar Center : www.ncsc.ncsu.edu
Professional Directory : www.greenprofessionals.org

"The information in this email is provided by the NC Solar Center at NCSU as a public service. The Solar Center strives to provide accurate information, but does not warrant or represent the accuracy, usefulness or reliability of this information. For specific advice, we always recommend that you consult with a professional in the appropriate profession for your needs." Email correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Record Law NCGS, Ch 132 and may be disclosed to third parties