Re: Python API

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2001-July/msg00054.html   here some info

in python console try a "dir(dia)" and so on on every method and property to investigate a little deeper

you could also try this script http://code.activestate.com/recipes/137951-dump-all-the-attributes-of-an-object/
(put it in ~/.dia/python, import in dia python console and try "dumpObj(dia)" and so on. Maybe some minor editing required)
I found it very usefull

Next major source of documentation are python scripts coming with dia package itself

Carlo