Re: Diashapes 0.2.2 released

Hi Steffen,

On 27/08/10 21:04, Steffen Macke wrote:
needing to synchronize with external shape repositories when getting dia
files from "friends".
I'm not suggesting that you get it from "friends".

With dia files I meant "*.dia" files. :-)

I just try to look at who is able to create
shapes - in my eyes virtually any Dia user

By availability of tools, maybe. But in practice, I wouldn't consider
most of them as "able". Sorry, got too many weird user helpdesk calls. ;-)

But it's good to have the feature available, of course!

True. But what keeps us from making Diashapes more prominent (or
bundling it with Dia)?

Maybe today's diashapes should become a button inside dia's internal
tool selection dialog?

If you create a little shape and would like to share it, do you want to
wait for next Dia release?

I just put it into the next revision of dia in Debian, upload it and a
few hours later everyone running Debian sid will have it available. ;-)

Seriously, still thinking about the best solution. Martin's and my views
are quite Debian traditional but also reasonable. :-)

bye,
  Roland