Re: Suggestion - a Web forum

Of course I have been in this forum for years (and other very safe - text based mailing lists), I will state forthwith that I like this list the way it is.  Maybe it is like an old shoe - no new one can quite compare.  It requires a minimum of effort to review the messages and reply.  Having run lists like it, I know that this format minimizes administrative duties, a very good thing when time resources are short.  The time to set this list up is a sunk cost, not recurring.

It is true that searching for past information is less easy, but honestly the older messages won't reflect the subsequent good work that has gone on, and fewer people than you might think ever do search archives.

Anyway, I wouldn't do it.  And wouldn't like having to use another forum.