How to draw a line from a circle to itself

I'm using Dia 0.96.1 on 'Windows to create state transition diagrams.
There may very well be a sheet of objects that would help me but I'm
just using circles for states and lines and arcs for transitions.  The
problem I'm running into is when a state reenters itself on some
event.  If I try to use an arc, I end up with a teardrop shape
attached to and in front of the center of the circle.  If I use a
Bezier line, it's hard to get it the shape I want.  What I'm really
looking for is 270 degrees of a circle touching the edge of the circle
I use for the state and with an arrow on one end.  How can I do that?