When you ask for the demo CD and you get the full code to run it.  It is simply reduced in function until you pay the retail price for full access.  As for ORCAD not being real, that is just silly.   ORCAD is a very popular and effective Windows based program by all accounts and ORCAD is pretty easy to use.  So if one's needs are for simple electronic diagramming or SPICE analysis, then it is a good, effective, and free option.  BTW, I have no connection whatsoever with ORCAD or the people that make and sell it.

Perhaps this is not appropriate for the Dia list, if you are so inclined you could answer me back channel.  My email is in my sig.

Mike

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 6:43 AM, W. Martin Borgert <debacle debian org> wrote:
On 2009-01-30 22:53, Michael Ross wrote:
> An alternative is to use a demo such as ORCAD's trial demo, you can get a CD
> if you ask for it.    ORCAD also lets you do Spice analysis on small
> circuits - up to 15 components I think.

Well, before taking the risk of trying a program without access
to the source code, you should better stay with dia or, if you
are looking for a real Electronic Design Automation tool, try
gEDA (http://www.geda.seul.org/). Just

# apt-get install geda-gschem geda-examples

on your next Debian (or Ubuntu) box. It features spice analysis,
too, IIRC, hopefully without an artificial limitation.

--
                   Michael E. Ross
       ArcAngle Design | MX Automation

              217 Valley Creek Drive