git, ChangeLog

Hi,

the switch from svn to to git was mentioned on the mailing list before.

To make things easy for the "compile-dia-from-svn" user,
this is a short summary to get started with git for dia:

Configuration:

git config --global user.name "Rupert Monkey"
git config --global user.email rupert example com

The equivalent of svn checkout:

git clone git://git.gnome.org/dia

The equivalent of svn update:

git pull --rebase

Apologies, if I missed something. I'm a git beginner :-)

More information on the GNOME git usage is available here:

http://live.gnome.org/Git

Lars: Would it be a lot of effort for you to switch the ChangeLog daemon
from svn to git?

Regards,

Steffen