Re: Question about handles

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Don Blaheta <blahedo blahedo org> wrote:

I started out thinking this was a semi-OT discussion, that we'd never
want to go through renaming everything, but the more I reflect on this,
the more I think a mass renaming is a good idea.

Hold that thought right there! I read the rest of your post, and I
kinda understand the finer points you are making. But I think I'll be
a little bold here and steal the maintainers' hat. This still does
seem to me to be a semi-OT discussion. I kept an eye on this thread
simply to absorb a little understanding a part of Dia, so that I would
have some idea of what's going on, if I ever had to touch that part of
Dia. For this discussion to be fruitful, at least one of two things
must happen:

1) The relevant code should be changed, and/or
2) That code should get documented

The choice depends on whether it is important to drastically change
the code, even if its just renaming, or instead that effort could be
redirected to more fruitful pursuits. Of course, if this is itching
someone really badly, then there's no stopping that person. ;) And in
fact  unless this itches someone badly enough to produce a patch,
nothing is really going to happen.

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, Department of CSE, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/