Re: ChangeLog Demon and 'Standard - Outline' (was Re: Dia ChangeLog reportfor 2007-11-06 13:01:39 UTC (Tue 06 Nov))

Hans Breuer said:
On 05.11.2007 23:15, Lars Clausen wrote:
There's an
issue with filling in some letters, otherwise it looks nice.

Unfortunately I dont know a way to make the filling respect holes within
the glyphs. The path data delivered by cairo just consist out of different
outlines, the first of a glyph usually the outer shape. When that is
filled
for a glyph like '#' the following hole filling does not matter anymore.

It may be possible to substract overlapping outlines, but cairo does not
give any hint on that either so some beziergon 'collision detection' would
be required. But even with this information reconstructed the best Dia's
beziergon currently can do is 'blanking'.

The EPS w/ Pango fonts does the right thing, so we can get the correct
data if we need to.  While the beziergon does allow holes, it only has one
curve, so I guess we're out of luck.  While having rotated text is nice,
I'm not sure I like having the letters a, b, d, e, g, o, p, q, and r
wrongly printed.

-Lars