Re: *UserData Suggestion

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:42 +0100, Athanasios Anastasiou wrote:
Hello All

After taking a look at the UML Objects i found it somewhat complicated.

I love the way you describe the properties and mem offsets within the
struct. I guess that the user interface is generated through the series
of DEFINEs in the PropDescription structure.

Not defines, functions.  See the lib/prop*.c files.

However, i was just wondering why don't you use a Glib Dataset or a GLib
Datalist to store the properties (under UserData). The properties need
not have a particular type. These could just be strings and any code
that needs them later can do the conversion.

No reason I know of, but then I didn't design those structures.

This will simplify the User Interface and the operations of getting and
setting properties. In fact get and set operations will somewhat be
taken care by the datalist. Interfacing the properties of each object
with Python will also be easier this way.

Don't know the dataset/datalist functionality well enough to determine
what it can do us.

-Lars