Creating Dia Stencils

Hi All

I know this is very simple but I have not found a tutorial of explanation of
How-To do what I need.

I have spent the better part of 4 hours goggling for procedures to create
stencils and looked at the on line tutorials and procedures I could find with
no results.

Lets assume I make a drawing say a giant "X" with a line through it. A very
simple drawing. Now I would like to place this in a new Stencil file called
"Stars" which is similar to the "Electrical" stencil file.

Would some kind person either explain how this is done or point me to a How-To
that contains such an explanation.

Thanks

SOTL