Re: CLI export shall NOT be colorfull

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 15:56 +0100, DoubleHP wrote:
I designed some schematics last year under Debian for a report. A Makefile ddi the
export from .dia to .png using -e option, so that the file can be included in the
latex report (pdflatex). This used to be fine until I move to Gentoo.

Since 2 months, the CLI -e option produces colorfull .png, whan manual export using
GUI produces good B&W. The text is still black, but all the rest is random color:
pink, purple, green, blue, brown, ... and black ... imagine a report with black text
on top of black or brown boxes.

Why does the Gentoo version produce color ?

I have double check the .dia file: all boxes have black text and white background.

but CLI always produce colored boxes.

$ dia --nosplash -e dia/monitor_diagram.png dia/monitor_diagram.dia

** (dia-python:2642): WARNING **: Can't color_convert in non-interactive app (w/o
color_init())

It's interesting that it's dia-python that produces these warnings.
Also, there's two ways to output png, using gdk-pixbuf (which wouldn't
work without X) and using libart.  Try giving option -t libart-png.  If
it claims to have no such filter, install appropriate libart packages
(not familiar with gentoo) and try again.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen <lars raeder dk>