RE: Layer "views" enhancment

simon,
your idea makes good sense.  the CAD industry has done this for some
time so that users can turn on and off "disciplines" like electrical or
ceiling grid that may be made up of multiple layers.  the CAD
functionality typically includes current symbology settings as well like
line thickness, grid view, etc.  they also include the current zoom
location so when you recall a saved view, the window is reset to the
location on the drawing where you saved it.  if dia moves to larger
paper sizes for the really big workflows as with CAD (like 24" x 36"
etc.) then this function would be great.

i could see "disciplines" in dia diagrams as well so saved views could
be useful in that context too.  you may also think about saving view
preferences.

as to the word... how about scenes

eric